Web Accessibility Policy
Florida Southern College Web Accessibility Policy
This policy was last reviewed on May 9, 2023.
Florida Southern College is committed to meeting the needs of its students to access and engage with materials hosted online. We have started a process whereby we will make a best effort to make our website, FSC Portal, and materials provided online accessible to all. Additionally, the United States Access Board recently announced updates to national accessibility requirements, which will require federal agencies and any business that sells to or receives funds from a federal agency, to reach digital accessibility compliance by January 2018.
To meet this responsibility we have identified resources that will be available to address issues discovered and brought to our attention:
- Director of Teaching and Learning Center - faculty/staff technical questions, troubleshooting where the problem exists
- PDI Accessibility for Online Learning - training is available for faculty to learn how to make sure their course materials are accessible
- Associate Vice President for Student Support - clearinghouse for issues and customer facing
- IT - testing resources to address accessibility issues
- Rinker Technology Center - front line of student feedback and support
- Web Team - public facing website maintenance
- Website Request Form - available to capture issues and concerns
New and updated web content produced by our organization will predominantly meet WCAG 2.0, Level AA conformance standards by January 2018.
We will also work to ensure third-party vendors adhere to these guidelines.
This policy will be reviewed annually on or before June 1.
Report any issues using the web request form.